My shopping this week
I love Lidl, so was so happy when one opened in the little Devonshire town that i live in. As you know i have been using up as much as i can in the house but got to a point where i needed to go shopping, so this is what i bought;
- Chestnut mushrooms
- Fresh Cauliflower/Broccoli
- Red Apple
- 100% fillet fish fingers *to make a quick dinner when time is short!
- Greek Style Yogurt
- Fromage Frais *for little rowan to get some calcium
- Quiche Lorraine *bought to share with my mommy friends!
- Skimmed Milk
- Lean Ham
- Pork Pies *for my husbands lunch
- Unsalted Butter
- Golden Syrup *to make flapjacks for husbands lunch
- Red Lentils
- Chicken Stock Cubes
- Free Range Eggs
- Asparagus and Leek Risotto
- Milk Powder *to make bread with in the bread maker
- Earl Grey Tea *my new favourite drink, bargain at 69p for 25 bags!
- Apple Juice
- Orange squash
- Orange Juice
- Nut mix with raisins *to make trail mix for husbands lunchbox
- chocolate covered peanuts *to make trail mix for husbands lunchbox
- plain tortilla wraps
- crisps *for husbands lunch box
- wholemeal loaf
- chicken Legs
- chicken kievs *another quick easy freezer meal!
This came to £41.93, much better than the £60+ we have been spending per week on groceries!!! I also noticed that all the unhealthy things are for my husbands lunch box, he is a painter and decorator so needs plenty of food to keep him going but i am going to try and make his lunches healthier but still full of energy – any suggestions?
You will be seeing a lot of the above items in the meals i make this week, i am planning to not let anything go to waste!
Some of the things i plan to make include;
- Chicken and Chirizo tray bake
- Lentil and vegetable curry with flat bread
- chicken quesadilla
- chicken chasseur
- vegetarian chilli and corn bread
Right, I need to write up my post from yesterday and then start cooking!